Monday, February 1, 2010

Myron in Blue


When our hearts were greiving, you came into our home,
When your little life was hanging on the edge.
Too young to leave your litter,
And tiny eyes that held no glitter,
But to you my loyalty I did pledge.
We knew it would be a struggle, as time continued on,
And many said, "This life you shouldn't keep".
Though short on cash we kept you,
And a fan club did accept you,
So we soldiered on uphill and it was steep.
You had a bit of vision, though your eyes were dimming,
You could see your mothers face for just a while.
And then an eye was taken, and the other was forsaken,
You no longer see how much you make her smile.
Raquel Wood

6 comments:

  1. Aww, Myron! That made me cry! Your happy face makes no one notice you don't have eyes.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last line made me cry - you are such a lovely boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Raquel, what a lovely, lovely poem.

    Deb and Willow

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou so much dear friends for taking the time to read it. much love to you all <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has made me cry ,Raquel.
    these special animals bring that extra something into our lives.I like you took on a lamb with a dog mangled leg,he was doomed to be shot and even the vet,because he was ONLY a sheep told us to fatten him up and put him in the freezer! we persevered alone and Georgie is now a grand old man of 15 and has filled our hearts with joy... he has a twisted leg but that has not stopped him loving us and his life
    I admire you and send you and Myron all my love and respect.

    ReplyDelete